Monday 12 September 2016

90% of Top Nigerian Movie Stars Slept their Way to the Top; Nollywood Directors Brag


For those who have been following my write ups on my Asaba and Nollywood movie adventure (see here  and here ), you might be pleased to see my interview with two Nollywood directors whose conditions for their revelations was to remain anonymous. Well, I had to oblige as that was my only chance as I am officially out of the city for good. 

This interview was done weeks ago, but for some weird reasons, I didn't feel like posting it. Not only did the men reek arrogance and pride, I was seriously disgusted at  how far most women were willing to go for fame and money.

Earlier today, I was surfing the internet when I came across articles of accusations and counter accusations by Queeneth Agbor who is said to be one of the hottest actress at the moment. Her utterances in an interview did point to the fact that actress Tonto Dikeh did sleep with a producer for a lead role in a movie. She alleged that she did not get a role in a movie that had Tonto Dikeh as lead actress, because she refused to sleep with the producer of the movie.

Several people said the statement implied that Tonto Dikeh slept with the producer of the movie in order to get the lead role.However, Agbor, who is graduate of Microbiology from the University of Calabar, told Sunday Scoop she never said a thing like that. In her words; 
“I refused to respond before now because what was reported was not what I meant. I was only trying to inspire people by saying that Nollywood is not about sex for roles.
 In order to succeed, you need to know your worth and you must also be able to pray ceaselessly. I didn’t say Tonto Dikeh slept with any producer. People will keep talking and that’s their problem.”
The bold words is the reason for this article as I honestly do not know who and what to believe. I know Celebrities love living a false but these utterances by these movie stars and the production crews are totally confusing. 

The upcoming stars are complaining of being molested, the big stars are claiming there is no sexual pressure or molestation in the movie industry, while the directors opine that 90% of top female movie stars slept their way to the top. 

The things those directors said were so gross and many names were mentioned. Out of the respect for womanhood (yes, I am a woman), I would skip those dirty revelations for now. Who knows, we might be seeing a part 4 to my Asaba adventure soonest. 

It is such a shame that most women have reduced themselves to volleyball who are passed from one directors to the other, all in the name of being famous. Isn't that saying of 'Good name better than riches' applicable to the women of the 21st century. Again I ask, what is wrong with the women of this generation? 

After all said and done, It is what it is and sadly has eaten deep to all sector in our country. I would end this epistle with this question; Can we all go back to the calm and peaceful 70's?

No comments:

Post a Comment